- Posted by philg8
- February 6th, 2010
- Under: Uncategorized
Today, blackjack is one of the most popular online gambling card games. This is because playing blackjack is easy to learn and play. Unlike poker, blackjack does not have any combinations to remember. The object of the game is to get the sum of two cards close to 21. When a person gets cards that are over 21, the game is lost.
Normally, a player receives two cards. After the players see their cards, they have to decide whether they will hit or stand. When a person says “stand,” this means the player thinks he or she is close to 21 already. When a player says “hit,” this means that he or she still needs additional cards just to get close to 21. Players can draw as many cards as they want until they feel they are close to 21. The player who is nearer to 21 wins the game.
However, there are tips and strategies to get an edge over the other players. There are times that these tips really can help some people win.
If a player gets 17 or higher, it is always better to stand, and if the player has any number from 13 to 16, and the dealer’s card is 6 or lower, it would be better to stand. But if the dealer has 7 or more, it would be better for a player to hit.
- The theory here is that, if the dealer is showing a card of six or lower, the dealer may take a card, assuming that the dealer’s card facing down is a ten. The players, then, assume that the dealer is banking on a bust hand, so the other players have the tendency to maintain a lower card number. The rule of thumb: players should always assume that the dealer’s down card is 10.
- If a player has Aces or 8’s, it would be better to split them regardless of the dealer’s showing card.
- A player should remember not to split 10’s. Chances are, they might end up getting busted.
- If the dealer is showing 4, 5, or 6, it would be better for a player to stand on hard 12, or hit hard if the dealer is showing 2, 3, 7, or higher.
- In order to win, players should always remember not to split fours, face cards, and fives.
Follow these tips and turn your gambling into fun and profit!
Tags: Online Casinos